Please follow us on LinkedIn to view our latest updates & highlights
FAMTECH becomes distribution partner for South-Korea
Qsources, leading in sound and vibration excitation technology, has signed a distribution agreement for the Infra-Qsources brand with Famtech for South Korea. Qsources continues to focus on expanding the Infra-Qsources range in more industries and markets though distribution with world-class companies.
Famtech is a leading company in Test and Analysis service and equipment founded in 1996. The Infra-Qsources range is a perfect fit in their portfolio of diverse measurement equipment.
“We are convinced that our state-of-the art sound sources, amplifiers and other excitation devices will be well accepted in the Korean market due to the customer’s demand for premium products in combination with service, support and education that Famtech offers.” Says Mr. van der Linden, Managing Director of Qsources.
more information about Famtech can be found here: http://www.famtech.co.kr/
Qsources has exhibited at INTERNOISE 2019
Qsources has exhibited at DAGA 2019
Qsources hires research students
Video: Qohm – lightweight omni-directional sound source
A demonstration of Airborne Sound Insulation Measurement using Qsources Qohm – extreme lightweight omnidirectional sound source – and Qam measurement amplifier. The test is performed in cooperation with PS-acoustics Belgium. The consultant is using a previous version of the Qohm dodecahedron. The newer version includes upgrades however the product specifications are identical.
Théâtre de Paris
We are very proud to see our Qohm lightweight omni-directional sound source being used for measurements at the historical Théâtre de Paris.
Congratulations to Altia Acoustique for this fantastic project.
Its time for rebranding within Qsources. As you already may have noticed, we’ve given our marketing tools a fresh new look and have renewed our product photo portfolio. Partners: please login to our Partner portal to download our latest materials
Alliantech exhibited at Enova, Paris..
Thanks to our French partner Alliantech for displaying our INFRA-QSOURCES range during Salon Enova which took place end of October in Paris. more information about this event can be found here: http://www.enova-event.com/
Vibrakustik exhibited at Acustica 2018
Thanks to our Danish partner and CEO Mr. Michael Trolle for displaying our Infra-Qsources range during Store Støjdag in Nyborn, the Danish “great noise day”.
Qsources exhibited together with AKRON during ISMA
Qsources was present at ISMA, the conference on noise and vibration engineering held from 17th till 19th of September in Leuven, Belgium. The event attracted many international visitors, academics, researchers and other industry professionals. The conference covered interesting topics such as acoustic testing, active noise and vibration control, NVH, machinery noise & vibration, etc.Qsources showcased its Infra-Qsources product portfolio on the stand of Akron, its Benelux distribution partner. The collection of Qsources on display included:
- Qohm: a Lightweight, high power omni-directional dodecahedron sound source of only 3,1kg and 26cm diameter, suitable for diverse applications due to its wide frequency range (50Hz-16kHz) and high sound power level (122dB).
- Qohm2: a lightweight (1,3kg) Monopole omni-directional sound source with extreme precision, utmost suitable for acoustic measurements of performance sites and room acoustics as well as moderate transmission loss isolation testing.
- Qohm72: a Extreme level and lightweight omni-directional sound source suitable for large buildings, industrial road and railway or other sites with high background noise levels.
- Qref: a Sound power reference source offering time efficiency and limited complexity in identification of sound power in any acoustic environment, in accordance with ISO 3747 and even beyond; meeting requirement of ISO 6926, This sound power reference source allows sine sweeps and any other signal, intended for reverband and semi-anechoic measurement site calibration, on site absorption testing, machine sound power identification and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) type of measurements of rooms.
- Qam: a Fully DSP controlled signal generator measurement amplifier with the ability to generate white noise & pink noise, including equalization function. Qam incorporates firmware designed to provide spectral equalization for each sound source. The low frequency equalizer allows the lowest third octave bands to be adapted to the measurement space.
For more information about the event please visit https://www.isma-isaac.be/.
We hope to see you at the next ISMA conference!
Euronoise 2018, the 11th European Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, was held in Crete May 27-31th.
Qsources was present at the Euronoise conference.The event attracted many visitors (>30 national acoustics societes) and many well-known academics gave readings about important and interesting subjects in the field of noise pollution, noise and vibration control, soundscape and other related topics.
Qsources exhibited their latest developments during Euronoise 2018 such as the ‘Qohm2’ monopole omni-directional source and the ‘Qref’ omni-directional reference. The benefits of Qref were well explained at the conference as Msc. Peter J.G. Van der Linden, owner of Qsources, presented the paper written together with Dr. M.C. Morariu of Morariu Consultancy (UK) about using a monopole sound power source to determine machinery sound power where on-site measurements often occur in non-ideal acoustic environments.
The reference power source method is attractive because of limited complexity and time efficiency. It can be applied in any circumstances, even when the acoustic environment is difficult as it improves accuracy and efficiency by using a small and omni-directional reference power source.
the ‘Qref’ can be used as a better alternative to current Power reference sources in machinery as well as room acoustics because it doesn’t require reverberation time.
More information and specifications of the Qref or Qohm2 can be found under the ‘infra-qsources products’ section of our website. If you would like to receive more information about the products or the paper presented during Euronoise, feel free to contact us.
For more information about the event please visit www.euronoise2018.eu.
The McGill university in Montreal Canada has a large set of Qohm sources installed with some dedicated equalization equipment.
In the recording research centre at McGill, the very light weight omni-directional sources are used in experiments to influence musicians during their performance recording using replay. And, a set of two of the same Qohm sources are also used when going over the world to investigate the acoustics of large performance sites with exceptional acoustic properties. See the 16 sources suspended over the recording area at McGill in the photo below.